1. Your privacy is critically important to us. At Automattic, we have a few fundamental principles:
2. We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
3. We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
4. We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
5. We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
6. We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Howdy! We are the folks behind a variety of products and services designed to allow anyone–from bloggers, to photographers, small business owners, and enterprises–to build and manage a website to share with the world. Our mission is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it. We believe in powering the open Internet with code that is open source and are proud to say that the vast majority of our work is available under the General Public License (“GPL”). Unlike most other services, because our GPL code is public, you can actually download and take a look at that code to see how it works.
1. Our websites (including automattic.com, wordpress.com, vip.wordpress.com, jetpack.com, woocommerce.com, crowdsignal.com, gravatar.com, intensedebate.com, vaultpress.com, akismet.com, simplenote.com, simperium.com, leandomainsearch.com, cloudup.com, and longreads.com);
2. Our mobile applications (including the WordPress mobile app for Android and iOS);
3. Our other Automattic products and services that are available on or through our websites (including WordPress.com plans, WordPress.com VIP, Jetpack, the WooCommerce Services Extension, Gravatar, the IntenseDebate comment management system, Akismet plans, Simplenote, Simperium, Cloudup, and Longreads); and
4. Other users’ websites that use our Services, while you are logged in to your account with us.